Ginger-Cinnamon Simple Syrup (makes extra)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1~2 inches of ginger root, peeled and thinly sliced
For one mocktail
- 2 tablespoons of Ginger-Cinnamon Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup SodaXpress Sparkling Water
- Ice for mixing
- Cinnamon sugar for rimming the glass
- Apple slice or cinnamon stick to garnish (optional)
How to mix:
For the syrup
Mix all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat until sugar is dissolved. Let cool completely and strain to remove ginger and cinnamon.
For the mocktail
- Prepare martini glass by wetting the rim with apple cider and then dipping in cinnamon-sugar.
- Add ice to martini shaker. Pour in cider and simple syrup. Shake and pour into prepared glass. Garnish with apple slice or cinnamon stick.